Friday, July 31, 2015

paris. we meet again!




A long, long, long time ago, Paris and I met for the very first time. It was not love at first sight, we never even became friends. I felt that Parisians were cold and unfriendly, the city itself noisy and complicated.

Enter the latest version of me, with a little bit under 5 years of living in the US and three months of life Shanghainese under my belt - not to mention shorter trips to here and there- and here we are, me and Paris, getting along splendidly!

The thing is, when you travel, and spend more time in one city or visit the same city more than once, you kind of like befriend that place. My municipal friends include Shanghai, Mobile and Warsaw. And it seems very likely that Paris will join these three musketeers as the proverbial D'Artagnan! 


Pont Neuf.


The Eiffel Tower.


No comments:

Post a Comment